Original black hen

Original black hen
A Jeremy chandler black hen, one of the hens used for the earliest 10-10 hatch

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

About the 10-10 hatch

Hello, and welcome to the 10-10 gamefarm!  My name is Blake Miles, and I'm am the originator of the 10-10 hatch.  The 10-10 came to be not merely as an experiment or incidental cross, but as the result of countless hours spent with fowl, learning their every attribute and downfall.  Basically, the 10-10's are a careful blend of ruble hatch, Madigan claret, and black fowl, set as a family in 2011.  They are what I consider to be a marvelous family of fowl, performing above my expectations time and time again.  I believe "pure" is an extremely relative word in gamefowl today.  There are those who will say that their birds have been kept pure and line bred for 30 years without any outside infusion.  Those folks must have have a license to blow such hot air.  My birds were set as a family years ago, but without outside infusion, they would have failed.  Our birds could be described as green legged black breasted reds.  Most are pea combed and medium high stationed.  I pride them them in their abilities and pleasant disposition.  All of our fowl that are sold, if any, are intended for breeding and show purposes only, in accordance with the animal welfare act of 1976.  Our texas farm is set on 35 acres of the most lush pasture land I've ever seen, and all of our chicks are hen raised with unlimited range until penning age, usually 5-6 months old.  If you would like to have a look at our fowl or just talk chickens I can best be reached at wblakemiles@yahoo.com.  Our birds are constantly changing.  Where they came from is a at cry from where they are today.  Lastly, my hat goes off to Mr. Gary cooper of the high noon gamefarm.  A few years ago as I struggled with the setting of my strain, he was a true help when needed, and remains so to this day.  Our fowl are priced as a matter of correspondence.  I have never seen a chicken with a price tag on its wing, and as such, I believe that the best birds any man wants, he should be able to get.  Friendship alone has bought me some of the best blood I've ever had.  The farm number is 903-253-7157 central is time.  As of now I'm unable to ship outside the U.S.  I much prefer to meet my customers in person and allow them to get a feel of what they would like.  Thanks for stopping by, and keep their heads back.

No comments:

Post a Comment